Daytona Beach Bike Week is the self proclaimed largest motorcycle rally in the United States. This year is the 75th anniversary of the event so it may very well be the largest. This title, however, is a moving target and it is well known that the Rally in Strugis South Dakota will give Bike Week a run for its money.
Bike Week kicks off March 4th and for nine days Daytona Beach will be owned by two wheeled machines of freedom! I am myself a motorcycle enthusiast and generally ride everywhere I take my moto. Yet for some of us this is not possible, especially when making a long trek to a motorcycle event the likes of Bike Week. Making the journey refreshed for a week of shenanigans, avoiding the wear and tear on your machine, and bringing two bikes to show off, are just a few of the reasons you may want to truck or trailer your ride.
Recently one of our customers, John, sent in some photos of his trailer setup using the Lock N’ Load Wheel Chock system. He and so many others have been raving about the ease and simplicity of this chock we just had to share. Bikes roll right into the chock and the front tire is strapped down preventing the need to compress your front suspension which will ultimately degrade the fork seals.
In John’s setup you can see that he has added a third mounting plate to carry one motorcycle balanced in the center of the trailer. The chock itself quickly releases from the mounting bracket so he can remove one and put the other on the centered mount for the single bike setup. Lock N’ Load offers a garage stand bracket that allows you to attach the chock to a foot that will free-stand in your garage. Not a bad little add on!
Finally, the seat belt style self ratcheting straps you see on the back-end of the bikes complete the system. So when you inevitably hit bumps in the road these little babies tighten up as your rear suspension compresses keeping things where they should be. In John’s setup he is running the optional E-Track adapter straps offered as an add on. There are also S-Hook Adapters so you can customize your setup how ever you need. Want to hear more? Let the man himself tell you. Check out the video of Lock N’ Load inventor Cecil Cook going through the details.
Stay safe at Bike Week if you’re going and rubber side down all around!
You can find the Lock N’ Load Wheel Chock and all the accessories here:
The Lock N’ Load Wheel Chock
- Convenient one person loading and will fit all motorcycles
- Easy to load even the heaviest motorcycle in 60 seconds or less
- Eliminate any fear of damage from the motorcycle falling over
- No need to compress your forks which could lead to costly repairs
- Solid steel construction with full powder coat paint
- Very easy to use and install
- Many accessory options available – Including flush-mounted CARGO BUCKLES
- Tie down strap built into the wheel chock
- Area around motorcycle is available for storage, gaining 25% more area
- Chock easily removes when not in use and can be used for other locations like a garage stand!